I don't use Ubuntu/Eclipse, but I do use Websphere/Rational which is based on
Eclipse.

A ClassPath variable (which, I think, is what you're referring to) is
created under Windows/Preferences/Java/Build Path/ClassPath variables (at
least, that's the location in Rational).  Click the Add button and enter in
LIB_JASPERREPORTS and find the file or location you want using the File or
Folder buttons then click OK to add it and click OK to close preferences.

You can now use LIB_JASPERREPORTS in your project.

If you need to use this in another workspace, you should export your
preferences and import them into the new workspace - the buttons to do this
are on the preferences dialog.

Regards

Andy