Hi,

In our project we are using the JasperReports-1.2.0 . The requirement in this project is such that a report can be used to generate the PDF , HTML , XLS or it can be used to print to a Laser  printer or to the Dot Matrix printer.

Now to print on the Dot Matrix printer I have used  the JRTextExporter to convert the .jrprint file into TXT file. But in the generated .Txt file the printed area seems to be less & the data is truncated . I have specified the pageWidth="842" & pageHeight="595" & orientation="Landscape" but I think JRTextExporter  is not using these values as the .txt output is generated in half the size of  that. If the same report is generated in the PDF format the page size and the data populated comes to be fine on it .

I have tried changing the parameter setting of the JRTextExporter to increase the size of the .txt file (JRTextExporterParameter.PAGE_HEIGHT  and the JRTextExporterParameter.PAGE_WIDTH )  but this doesn't seem to work.

I am attaching the output comparison of the Txt and PDF file .

Please guide me in resolving this difference of element positioning and page size setting of .txt file.

Is this a known issue with JRTextFormatter , is there a workaround or patch (Fix) for this available ?

Should I use any other approach to achieve the same?

Any suggestions and views are welcome.

Many Thanks...
Shikha