Hi,

In JasperReports, documents look the same in all formats.
So restricting the number of records on a page has nothing to do with
PDF or any other format.
It is a report design issue.
You could introduce a group that breaks every N rows and use
isStartNewPage="true" for it.
This way when the row limit is reached, the group breaks and a new page
is started.
Take a look at the sample inside /demo/samples/jasper to see a group
that breaks with every 5 records.

I hope this helps.
Teodor