-----Original Message-----
From: Yann DEYDIER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: JSERV : JVM does not start...

>I have a problem starting Jserv :
>
>- the error_log file of apache tells me
> "Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ"
> several times

>(I use a DSO link, Apache 1.3.1, JDK1.1.7v1a, JSDK2.0, RedHat 5.2, JServ
>1.0b3)

Using RedHat5.2 if you do not have X installed, you *must* use the
non-linked JDK executables.  As well, I also set them to use native threads
as well, (I assume you're using BlackDown 1.1.7v1a, native threads is
available on their site).

So, set the environtment variables: NS_JAVA=true and THREADS_FLAG=native

This should fix your problem assuming that you haven't got X installed.

MK