>From de Javadocs for NoClassDefFoundError:

    Thrown if the Java Virtual Machine or a classloader tries
    to load in the definition of a class (as part of a normal
    method call or as part of creating a new instance using
    the new expression) and no definition of the class could
    be found.

    The searched-for class definition existed when the
    currently executing class was compiled, but the definition
    can no longer be found.

Probably (I didn't understand quite well) your class relies on some other class that
could not be found.  Maybe a complete recompilation (all your classes) should work.
Watch out for classes in wrapper.classpath, they don't get automatically reloaded.

By the way, if it's Unix, check permissions (I know it's silly, but it does happen,
specially with me ;-)

[]'s
Rogério Gatto

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Alessandro Cauduro
Sent: Friday, February 19, 1999 7:52 PM
To: Java Apache Users
Subject: Urgent!! same message without HTML tags..sorry

Hi all!
I was developing a Servlet, everything was going fine, I was debbugging it. Then
suddenly without modyfing any parameters/config files in JServ it stopped working. The
server know returns : Not Found. I rebooted my machine, but I can't seem to access my
servlet, if I try another class (which isn't a servlet) I get the message Server
Error..which is what I expect..why doesn't at least this happen with my servlet..??

The strange thing is that I get :
[19/02/1999 22:32:01:405] (ERROR) ajp11: Servlet Error: NoClassDefFoundError:
AgenteServlet

from my servlet that exists, if I use one that doesn't , I get:
[19/02/1999 22:32:52:990] (ERROR) ajp11: Servlet Error: ClassNotFoundException:
AgenteServlet2

what is the difference? On the browser side I get the same message notfound..?

even weirder is that if I use a SimpleServlet ,on the same directory, it works, whats
going on? why won't my servlet run anymore, why can't it find it? I haven't changed
anything!!!

I have tried everything over and over, I need to finish my assignment by Monday, any
help will be VERY VERY welcome!

Thanks in advance!!!

Alessandro