Thad Humphries wrote:

> >Where pray tell, or how pray tell would anyone suggest I do this?  I am
> >trying to build an intelligent configuration.
>
> Use a shell script to start the JVM separate from Apache.  First run your
> script, then ./apachectl start.  When you call ./apachectl restart, the JVM
> is not disturbed (at least from my observations).  Here is the script I use
> (I want more memory than the default JVM and don't see how to add it except
> by a script.  If you know a different way to do it, please tell me.):

[Good example of a startup script snipped ... ]

If you want to use automatic mode to start up Apache JServ, you can still pass
customized command line arguments to the Java interpreter by using the
"wrapper.bin.parameters" configuration parameter in your jserv.properties
file.  This can be used to set the heap size parameters, define system
properties, or whatever else your JVM supports.

You would still need to use a separate script to start up Apache JServ as a
separate UID/GID, though.

Craig McClanahan