I am running JDK1.1.7 on a Linux machine. In my testing I have noticed
that my memory for my Java process does not decrease over time. I posted
a question about this before and someone responded that it was due to
the fact that garbage collection in 1.1.7 puts memory back on the heap
and does not return it to the OS. They directed towards a bug posting on
the javasoft site
(http://developer.javasoft.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4065018.html)
which says this bug was fixed in 1.2 beta4. Can someone confirm that
this bug would be the reason I would notice such behavior with the
memory? Also is the JDK1.2 on blackdown beyond version beta4?

Thanks,

Brad Chesman