Greetings,

I'm trying to migrate an application that is currently running under Sun's
JavaWebServer over to Apache JServ.  The servlets run OK, but I'm having a
problem caused by the differences in the way that JServ/JWS work.  JWS allows
you to create aliases for arbitrary URLs that will run a servlet.  So the
application is set up this way in under JWS:

/mantix
    mxlogin.html
    mxprocesslogin -> servlet com.mx.webtime.servlets.MxProcessLogin
    mxtimesheet.html

The mxlogin.html file has a form that invokes mxprocesslogin, which proceeds
to issue a redirect to mxtimesheet.html.  This all works under JWS, but under
JServ I had to do this using the Apache Alias directive:

/mantix
    mxlogin.html
    mxprocesslogin -> URL /servlets/com.mx.webtime.servlets.MxProcessLogin
    mxtimesheet.html

The problem is that when mxprocesslogin issues the redirect, it's running
under the /servlets URL, so it tries to redirect you to
/servlets/mxtimesheet.html instead of /mantix/mxtimesheet.html.  Can anyone
think of a way around this?  I don't have the source code for the servlet
(it's a 3rd party app).

Thanks.

--
Steve "Pheran" Snodgrass * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * FORE Systems Unix Administrator
Geek Code: GCS d? s: a- C++ US++++$ P+++ L+ w PS+ 5++ b++ DI+ D++ e++ r++ y+*