Apache 1.2 isn't really officially supported by the Apache Group; but
Apache JServ should continue to work for it.  There may be a few minor
changes necessary, but I think it may compile straight.

Until 1.0b3, I know I was doing QA w/ 1.2 as well as 1.3; and 1.0b4 isn't
a big enough change that this should break (though I can't say that I
tested w/ mod_php).

Also, JServ 0.9.12 will definitely work w/ Apache 1.2.6, and it is in use
on a number of production sites; but support for that will not be as good
as support for 1.0bX (by which I mean bug fixes & the like).

hth -

Ed