On Sat, 1 May 1999, Jack T. Hsieh wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 3.1 Stable.
>
> I removed the 'request_req' argument, and it compiled ok now.
> The question is "How safe the mod_jserv is" after I removed it .

Thanks for the information; I'll make sure to check w/ FreeBSD if I've
time next time through this.

The request_req argument was completely bogus -- it had no place being
there.  I suspect that without mmap support, load-balancing may not work
-- but other than that, there should be no negative effects (that I'm
aware of, of course).

Unless LOAD_BALANCE is defined (by default, it's not), the mmap code is
never called at all (this is just based on a cursory inspection).

hth --

Ed