BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

"Dave, Kushal" wrote:

> I tried going through the FAQ and couldn't find any answers to this
> seemingly simple question...I've got apache rebuilt so that it's loading the
> jserv module and starts just fine, using the default configuration of JServ
> 1.0...However, I get an error saying that http://SERVER_NAME/servlet/Hello
> is not found, and no errors are being written to the jserv log file, but I'm
> getting an error in my Apache log saying that the file is
> htdocs/servlet/Hello is not found..... What parameter am I missing here?

Hi Dave,

give relevant informations on your config : OS, version, JServ version
(here we know it's 1.0).
and appropriate logs, too (not 10K of logs please).
Try to use the latest (1.1.b3) version, for the following reason :
There are tons of bug fixes, especially for most frenquently asked error
causes. and really more easy to install.
Check that the user JServ is started under by Apache is allowed to
create logs in the JServ logs directory, and write access to the files.
We do not provide a good support on 1.0 tree, it's now > 6 months old.
But some of the FAQ are really Frequent, so the knowledge is there.

Welcome to open-source world ;-)

Jean-Luc