BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

We use Apache-Jserv to run a servlet based web app. We ran into a
problem with the app and I was hoping someone could shed soem light on it.

Our app has worked fine for many months until the lates release. Then,
all of a sudden, the JVM would begin dying on us. Jserv would restart it
and then, an hour or two later, it would fail again. Unfortunately, our
development manager has a 'Not me!' attitude and wanted me to figure out
what the problem was. However, I am not a java developer but the sys
admin. Anyway, we got the problem to go away by switching from native
threading to green threading. So, according to the development manager,
problem solved (...don't get me started...). I learned recently that in
JDK 1.3, there is no green threading at all; you can only use native
threading.

So my question is this: what might be the cause of an app to kill the
JVM under native threading but not kill it under green threading? There
is no load on this server, so load problems are not an issue.

Any assistance you can give is greatly appreciated.

Ben Ricker
Web Administrator
US-Rx, Inc.