On Saturday 12 November 2005 10:55, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> On 12 Nov 2005, at 04:41, Paul Elschot wrote:
> >> Could you try using Ant 1.6.5?   I just built contrib/surround
> >>

> > The joy of developing at the cutting edge...
>
> Was the upgrade of Ant what fixed it?

I also reverted all build xml files to the trunk, so it's difficult
to be sure what fixed this. I did see that ant 1.6.3 had a fix
for the subant task to use absolute paths, so I guess that's
what did it.

> > I upgraded ant and building from contrib/surround/build.xml works
> > here.
> > However
> >
> > ant build-contrib
> >
> > using the lucene build.xml currently fails at compiling the lucene
> > test code.
>
> Help me out here... the error message please :)

At revision 332756:
This is the (slightly edited) first error message that I get from
ant compile-test

common.compile-test:
    [javac] Compiling 5 source files to .../trunk/build/classes/test
    [javac] .../trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/analysis/
TestStandardAnalyzer.java:3: package junit.framework does not exist
    [javac] import junit.framework.TestCase;

I get the same error message for ant build-contrib.

Regards,
Paul Elschot