From: Fernando Padilla [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 1:35 PM
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: LUCENE-436

hmm. So what you're saying is that there is a "memory leak", but very
very noticeable with large RAMDirectories (like what we have)...

With a 5M directories, it seems to be leaking atleast 5M per hour,
depending on queries..  even on our 1500M VM they run our of memory over
24 hours.

So I guess we have no choice but to use FSDirectories?

The FixedThreadLocal patch doesn't seem to have helped afterall..