: important new facilities. Repeating my earlier question, why should a
: platform that is 2 years behind for java expect to be at the latest and
: greatest level for lucene? I'd propose 2.0 (+ branched patches) be the
: 1.4 release distribution, with 2.1 free to move up to 1.5.

I would ammend that proposal slightly...

1a) Lucene Core 2.0.* releases garuntee java1.4 compatibility
1b) Lucene Contrib modules in 2.0.* releases are free to require any java
    version they choose.

2a) Lucene Core 2.1.* release garuntee java1.5 compatibility.
2b) Lucene Contrib modules in 2.1.* releases are free to require any java
    version they choose.

-Hoss