On Jun 1, 2006, at 5:48 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

Someone on the list a while ago suggested moving Term Vectors out of the postings and storing them separately, as then they don't have to be merged (but they doc ids would have to be kept up to date)

Yes, that was me. :) I suggested storing TermVector data alongside stored field data, in the .fdt file. That's what KinoSearch does right now. It cuts down on disk seeks.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/