This is interesting, thanks.
Hope I have time to peruse your thesis, too.
Adam

On 04/06/06, Hayden Melton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I am a PhD student at the University of Auckland, New Zealand. As part of
my
research I have performed an empirical study on a large corpus of
open-source
Java software. Several of the applications in the corpus (Ant, Tomcat,
JMeter,
POI) are from the Apache Software Foundation. If you are a developer of
Lucene
you
might be interested to know that there are ~50 java source files all
involved in
big dependency cycle (Strongly connected component). Other applications
like
Azureus, Soot and ArgoUML have strongly connected components involving
~1000
classes. In any case, a comparison of Lucene to all the other applications
in
the
corpus is available on my webpage:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hayden/corpus.htm

The page also contains a graph that shows the evolution of dependencies
through
around 3 versions of Lucene, starting at Lucene-1.2-final.

/
Hayden Melton