--- Robert Engels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It was a joke.

;-)

Yes, I did realize that. But I have seen earlier
references, with more serious tone... and it did seem
like some people actually believed 1.4 compatibility
was a "back to stone age" requirement.

Anyway, lots of good points being presented and all:
and in the end I'm lucky enough that none of my
current (or immediate work) will be on pre-1.5
platform.

-+ Tatu +-