On Jul 8, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

Since GCJ is effectively available on all platforms, we could say that we will start accepting 1.5 features when a GCJ release supports those features. Does that seem reasonable?

I have been doing a bit of reading on GCJ compatibility. I think it is going to come in 2 parts:
1) It supports all the new language features of Java 1.5.
2) It has an implementation of all the new classes and methods that Lucene uses.

For me the test is that it is released for MacOSX.

With these three things, I'd be happy :)

DM Smith, stick in the mud :)