Hi Greg,

I don't know which documentation of the Lucene FileFormat you are
looking at but you can see UInt32 (Int) UInt64 (Long) and VInt defined
here:

   http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/fileformats.html

Are you at liberty to tell us what you are working on? You may also
like to take a look at Ferret:

   http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac

Up to version 0.9.6 it follows the Lucene file format quite closely
apart from the fact that Ferret can't handly modified UTF-8. Also,
it's in C, not C++.

Cheers,
Dave

On 9/25/06, Greg Colvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just.  I'll look there, thanks.