: I have written an Italian analyzer based on the Porter's stemming
: algorithm as found at http://www.snowball.tartarus.org. I would like
: to contribute it to the Lucene sandbox. The classes come with thorough
: unit tests. As this is the first time I contribute to an apache
: project, I wondered how could I do to commit my work to the cvs.

only a small subset of the Lucene community has the ability to commit
directly to the repository (svn, not cvs) but information about how to
contribute new (or modified) code can be found on the wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute

-Hoss