After thinking through what was happening in Hits, I decided to see if
catching a general exception would come back with anything.  Although it can
be argued that the code should have been doing this all along, that is a
different story.

So, I added Exception to the catch clauses, and it in fact catch the
TooManyClauses which allowed me to solve to problem.  My point though is
that if the code was to throw this exception and require me to catch it,
this problem would have fixed for me and potentially others as they are
writting the code.  As an Eclipse user, it is nice when I create a try/catch
that it puts in all the required catches from the code within the try.  If
you were to physically throw this exception, my try would have built the
catch when we created it, or at least errored that we needed it.  I was just
curious why you were not throwing it?

Again thanks for your help.