The throwing of an exception by this class is still being done on the Java side at this stage IIRC, and is also extremely bad for performance in Java. However I think the client of the class (one of the Filters I think) is expecting the EOF exception as a signal that it has received the end of the stream for tokenization point of view.

I would love to get rid of it, but I think it will break a lot of behaviour.

cheers,

Paul Smith