On 10/23/06, Peter Keegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I did some profile testing with the new ConjuctionScorer in 2.1 and
discovered a new bottleneck in ConjunctionScorer.sortScorers. The
java.utils.Arrays.sort method is cloning the Scorers array on every sort,

Huh... that's interesting.  I wonder why Arrays.sort(int[]) is all
in-place but sort(Object[]) is not.

which is quite expensive on large indexes because of the size of the 'norms'
array within, and isn't necessary.  We rewrote this to use simple insertion
sorting

The code looks more like a bubble sort to me.  Anyway, conjunctions
will normally not have many scorers I think so this should be OK.

Can you open a JIRA issue for this?

-Yonik