: Unfortunately, no. If  Iuse getStringArray while using a
: PropertyResourceBundle to backup the ResourceBundle, getStringArray(key)
: give a classCastException, as it is just a Wrapper for : (String[])
: getObject(key).

Hmmm... so aparently ResourceBundles suck.  good to know.

: Knowing what I said previously, should I still call getStringArray, catch
: the exception and there use getString. Seems costly to me, as most will
: probably a PropertiesResourceBundle to store values. What do you think?

i retract all of my previous suggestions about getStringArray ... go with
your gut, do the simplest thing that works.

-Hoss