Doron,

On Thursday 16 November 2006 21:17, Doron Cohen (JIRA) wrote:
> PS. Before submitting the patch file, I tried to apply it myself on a clean
version of the code, just to make sure that it works. But I got errors like
this -- Could not retrieve revision 0 of "...\byTask\.." -- for every file
under a new folder. So I am not sure if it is just my (Windows) svn patch
applying utility, or is it really impossible to apply a patch that creates
files in (yet) nonexistent directories.  I searched Lucene mailing lists and
SVN mailing lists and went again through the SVN book again but nowhere could
I find what is the expected behavior for applying a patch containing new
directories. In fact, "svn diff" would not even show you files that are new

Did you "svn add" the new files locally before doing "svn diff"?

It took me a quite while to get the hang of that. It is mentioned here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/HowToContribute

Regards,
Paul Elschot