Simon Willnauer wrote:

I'm actually looking for alternatives and suggestions about this
topic, I know you guys have your own schedule but I would really
appreciate some help with that.

Perhaps the derby would be appropriate,

   http://db.apache.org/derby/

It is fairly fast, somewhat scalable and looks like a relational store . . .

if anyone of you have any idea about the license stuff
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/42253), who I
have to contact and if it is ok for the PMC a short answer would be
great.

Derby is available under the Apache License, Version 2.0 <http://www.apache.org/licenses/> . . .

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
-- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie