negrinv wrote:
there is a third way Doug,  and it's for me to stop trying to be polite by
answering all the questions that I am being asked, then nobody will get
upset by my replies. If the decision is for no encryption at field level, I
accept it, but I don't believe it should be externalised. Perhaps someone
else will pick up your offer.

I don't think anyone is upset. I was trying to provide an alternative to giving up and walking away, but, yes, that's an option too. However, if you think field-level encryption is something that lots of folks would use, and want to help provide it, it might not be your most satisfactory option.

Doug