Marcello Prattico (http://www.astrochimp.com) has graciously agreed to create some Lucene logos that incorporate Duke into the logo so that we can distinguish Lucene Java from Lucene TLP (Top-Level Project). The Lucene TLP logo (a.k.a the Green cursive Lucene that we all know and love) will appear in the upper right of the website (replacing the feather), and the new logo will be in the center where the current green logo is now located.

There are 5 total images labeled lucene?.png that can be viewed at http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/images/ The tar file in the directory contains all the images in both psd and png formats, plus the Duke originals used.

So, if people want to vote for one (just reply with the name of the one you like), I will be happy to incorporate the consensus into the website. Of course, since this is Open Source, others are free to submit there own versions or provide other suggestions.

Personally, I vote for http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/images/ lucene3.png but I also like http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/images/ lucene1.png as well.

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing