Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/04/2007 16:35:42:

> Yeah, I was just wondering if there was a SVN-only trick to get that
> propset working.  Anyhow, this did the trick:
>
> find . -name \*java -type f | xargs perl -pi -e 's/(\r\n|\n|\r)/\n/g'
> find . -name \*java -type f | xargs svn propset svn:eol-style native
>
> Otis
> P.S.
> Doron: I just happened to see ^Ms when editing one of the .java
> files with vi.:wq

I wonder how we can avoid this again.
I checked on SearchTravTask.java and at least for this file, wrong eols
appeared first in revision 520890 (LUCENE-837).
Files were created with svn:eol-style=native.
To my understanding this means when you svn-checkout them the eol-style is
set to whatever system you are using.
And when you svn-checkin, well, if there is a eol inconsistency, svn
complains, and you have to fix it (locally). Once fixed, and you checkin, I
thought svn:eol-style=native was supposed to make it all work correctly.
Beats me.