From: Jean-Philippe Robichaud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2007 3:19:51 PM
Subject: RE: Lucene and Javolution: A good mix ?

Yes, I believe enough in this approach to try it.  I'm already starting
to play with it.  I took the current trunk and I'm starting to play with
it.  That begin said, I'm quite busy right now so I can't promise any
steady progress.  Also, I won't apply patches that are already in JIRA,
so the numbers I'll get won't be the 'up-to-date" ones.

I understand that before this idea gets any traction, we must have an
idea of how much this could help.  But before going deep with this work,
I wanted to know if Lucene developers have any interest in this kind of
work.  If the gurus dislike the idea of adding a dependency to Lucene
(which is not the case for others Apache projects!), then I won't spend
too much time on this.

Jp