+1

On Aug 7, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Ning Li wrote:

With the plan towards 3.0 release laid out, I think it's a good time
to deprecate IndexModifier and eventually remove IndexModifier.

The only method in IndexModifier which is not implemented in
IndexWriter is "deleteDocument(int doc)". This is because of the
concern that document ids are changing as documents are deleted and
segments are merged. Should we add "deleteDocument(int doc)" to
IndexWriter but comment that it is an expert method, and then
deprecate IndexModifier and eventually remove IndexModifier?

Cheers,
Ning