Hmmm, going from 1.4.3 to 2.2, I guess I would recommend re- indexing. I suppose, in theory , you could go from 1.4.3 -> 1.9 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 -> 2.2 or whatever the appropriate combination of versions is there, but if you have the option of indexing fresh in 2.2 I guess I would do it.

Also, see http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ LuceneFAQ#head-86d479476c63a2579e867b75d4faa9664ef6cf4d

Also, in the future, these kinds of questions are better sent to java- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-Grant