Yeah, one of the things that I am not thrilled about our model is that it essentially means we can only make these kinds of changes on 3.0- dev (i.e. before releasing 3.0), not a big deal in theory, but as evidenced by Hoss's history on this particular item, it has been around for a long time. So, either we need to get better about marking things for that window right before a major release and fixing them at that time or we need some other way of addressing it.

Is there no way in JFlex to set a flag that defaults to the current way, else if set it does the proper thing? And then we could deprecate the old way?

-Grant