Was wondering if someone (Mark H :-) ) could fill me in on the status of a few Highlighter related issues.

They are:
LUCENE-403
LUCENE-644
LUCENE-663
LUCENE-794

It seems like they all have something to do with better handling phrases/spans/etc. I'm trying to clean up these issues and also better understand the current state of the highlighter and they seem related, but each one seems to take a slightly different tack to improving highlighter. I'm just wondering if there is anyway to fold in the best of each one, etc.

Cheers,
Grant