http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#java-dev
Please use java-user not java-dev

Your question is better suited for the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list ...
not the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.  java-dev is for discussing development of
the internals of the Lucene Java library ... it is *not* the appropriate
place to ask questions about how to use the Lucene Java library when
developing your own applications.  Please resend your message to
the java-user mailing list, where you are likely to get more/better

FWIW: I don't think the Weight interface is what you think it is ... you
should take a look at the "Getting Started" guide and look for where you
can get the "score" of a document.

: I am developing an application using lucene in which i am searching a text
: and the output should show total no of matching document ,the path of the
: document,and the weight/ranking/strength of the query.like if query entered
: is chowder,it should show 34 matching document,path of all those matched
: document,and weight is 0.89 %(say) in every document.I came throught this
: Weight interface.Is this possible using weight .can somebody provide me a
: small snippet to display the weight/strength/ranking of the entered query.

-Hoss