method next() is the only place where DisjunctionSumScorer uses
scorerDocQueue.size() method, on other places cached variable is used:
 private int queueSize = -1; // used to avoid size() method calls on
scorerDocQueue

I have tested if these are really mirrored with:
assert(queueSize == scorerDocQueue.size()) : "cached queueSize not in sync with
the queue itself";
and they are indeed equivalent.

this value gets practically maintained on two places, any reason for that?  I
would suggest to use scorerDocQueue.size()  uniformly as this method gets
definitely inlined.