Hi guys

I've just written a plugin for Lucene to use JBoss Cache as an index store. The benefits of something like this are:

1.  Faster access to indexes as they will be in memory
2.  Indexes replicated across a cluster of servers
3. Indexes "persisted" in clustered memory - faster that persistence to disk

The implementation I have is pretty basic for now.

Is there a set of tests in the Lucene sources I could use to test the "JBCDirectory", as I call it? Perhaps something way I could change the "index store provider" and re-run some existing tests, and perhaps add some clustered tests specific to my plugin?

Finally, regarding hosting, I am happy to contribute this to Lucene (alongside the JEDirectory, etc) but if licensing (JBoss Cache is LGPL, although the plugin code can be ASL if need be) or language levels (the plugin depends on JBoss Cache 2.x, which requires JDK 5) then I'm happy to host the plugin externally.

Cheers,
--
Manik Surtani
Lead, JBoss Cache