Phew :)

Mike

Mark Miller wrote:

Bingo. Thanks Mike. Forgot how fast things move around here...my checkout was a few days old.

Michael McCandless wrote:
Hi Mark,

Both of those cases are expected to work.

This sounds alot like LUCENE-1228 which was just fixed a few days ago. Can you verify you have that fix in your area?

Mike

markrmiller wrote:

I was playing around with LUCENE-831 last night and think I may have run into
a bug?

Can anyone verify that this should work?

Open IndexWriter
AddDocs
Commit IndexWriter
Open Reader
SeeDocs
AddNewDocs
Commit IndexWriter
ReopenReader
SeeNewDocs

I have not been able to SeeNewDocs. The IndexReader thinks it is current
based on based on IndexReader.isCurrent();

Is this a valid sequence or am I way off base here?

Even this does not appear to work:

Open IndexWriter
AddDocs
Commit IndexWriter
Open Reader
SeeDocs
AddNewDocs
Close IndexWriter
ReopenReader
SeeNewDocs

Of course if I do use close instead of commit in both places, it works as expected. Something going on here or am i getting too much arsenic in my
diet?