Hi all,

I am new to lucene and am using it for text search in my web application,
and for that i need to index records in database.
We are using jdbc directory to store the indexes. Now the problem is when is
start the process of indexing the records for the first time it is taking
huge amount of time. Following is the code for indexing.

rs = st.executequery(); // returns 2 million records
while(rs.next()) {
    create java object .............;
    index java record into JDBC directory...;
}

The above process takes me huge amount of time for 2 million records.
Approximately it is taking 3-4 business days to run the process.
Can any one please suggest me and approach by which i could cut down this
time.

Thanks in advance,
Varma