Hmmm...my quick test of a query with two phrases and a common term
appeared to work correctly. Could you submit an example that
demonstrates the failure or perhaps shed some further light on the
problem?

As to your P.S. question, you are right...that particular method was
needlessly re wrapping the stream. I have fixed it now, thanks for
pointing it out.

- Mark

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 20:55 -0400, Mark Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 16:15 -0400, David Kaelbling wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been using the 2.3.1 contrib highlighter with the 2/10/2008
> > SpanHighlighter patch, and have run into some trouble.  If I have
two
> > phrases in a query that share terms (e.g. "hello world" and "hello
> > goodbye") the SpanScorer seems to not highlight 'hello'
consistently.

> > It looks to me like WeightedSpanTermExtractor.extract() is
clobbering
> > the span positions for 'hello' the second time it encounters the
term.
> > Should terms.putAll(booleanTerms) and terms.putAll(disjunctTerms)
really
> > be replacing the old entry, or should the try to addPositionSpans()?
> >
> >         Thanks,
> >         David
> >
> > PS: And while I'm asking, it looks like
getWeightedSpanTermsWithScores()