Yajun Liu (JIRA) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can you double check which underlying version of Lucene you are
using?  Those source file/line numbers don't line up to a stock 2.1
release as far as I can tell.

This part is odd:

> When this happen, the program automatically tried to reopen the most
> recent THREE snapshots and we got the same exception for each
> snapshot. Remember, each of the snapshot was validated before it was
> copied.

If I understand the steps correctly, once and index is created,
verified (by opening an IndexReader) and copied up to a snapshot, that
snapshot is never changed by Lucene (opened by an IndexWriter, or
IndexReader that does delete/setNorm)?  Yet somehow all 3 become
corrupt at the same time (that exception is hit when opening an
IndexReader)?

Also:

> 2) The similar things happened on the search node: the same index
> which was opened OK during last night nodes recycle could not be
> opened due to the same exception. The search node does not update

Again nothing makes changes to these copies either, yet they suddenly
starting hitting that same exception?

Are you really sure, when you go to open the snapshots, that you're
actually specifying the right directory each time?  It seems
particularly odd for all 3 snapshots to hit the same exception at the
same time.

Another question: is it possible you are reopening your readers on an
index dir while rsync is still copying to that index dir?  That could easily
lead to exceptions like this....

Mike