And all that has been added is a better way to do the sort testing - its a new doc maker that you lets pick a range of random numbers to generate in a known sort field. The range of random ints to be generated can be specified. Its fairly simple, but its a start that works, and if we need more than the basics that are provided, they can be added easily later. Unless there are suggestions for any changes wanted, I think its all good to go in.

Grant Ingersoll (JIRA) wrote:
[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1243?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12627773#action_12627773 ]
Grant Ingersoll commented on LUCENE-1243:

My last look at it seemed like it was in good shape, but that was a while ago.

A few new benchmark tasks
-------------------------

                Key: LUCENE-1243
            Fix For: 2.4

        Attachments: benchmark-tasks.diff, LUCENE-1243.03.30.2008.patch,
LUCENE-1243.patch

Some tasks that would be helpful to see added. Might want some expansion, but
here are some basic ones I have been using:
CommitIndexTask
ReopenReaderTask
SearchWithSortTask
I do the sort in a similar way that the highlighting was done, but another
method may be better. Just would be great to have sorting.
Also, since there is no great field for sorting (reuters date always appears to
be the same) I changed the id field from doc+id to just id. Again maybe not the
best solution, but here I am to get the ball rolling :)