Hi!

I've a lucene document structured like:
Field: Text
name: George Bush
Sex: Male
Occupation: President of USA

Now I can have two types of queries:
Structured query:
name: George Bush AND Occupation: President

Unstructured Query:
George Bush AND President.

After parsing it will become, value: George bush and president.
"value" is some default field that has to defined during parsing.

But as you can see that this unstructured query would not work because
of the structure of the lucene document. Now what I want to do is that
when an user gives an Unstructured query Lucene should search in all
fields. (Multi field query parser is an option but we have to define
all the fields first, and it can be expensive as the query can get
really big).

I would really appreciate if you can help me out with this.

Regards,
Anshul Jain

--
Anshul Jain