On 23-Sep-08, at 12:33 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

Hi,

When people add new issues to JIRA they most often don't set the "Fix Version" field. Would it not be better to have a default value for that field, so that new entries don't get forgotten when we filter by "Fix Version" looking for issues to fix for the next release? If every issue had "Fix Version" set we'd be able to schedule things better, give reporters and others more insight into when a particular item will be taken care of, etc. When we are ready for the release we'd just bump all unresolved issues to the next planned version (e.g. Solr 1.3.1 or 1.4 or Lucene 2.4 or 2.9)

-1 I doesn't make sense to automatically schedule something to be fixed in the next version of the product.

I would be +1 on automatically setting the fix version for the current unreleased version when an issue is resolved as "fixed", though.

-Mike