Hi Rafael,

I kind of agree with you. Practically all the StemFilters have the same
logic, they might be combined into only one class. All StemFilters seems to
have a setStemmer already, we could keep that and also allow to pass the
stemmer as a constructor paramenter, like you said. I think you can create a
JIRA and  submit a patch for that, let's see what the lucene member will
think about it  :)

Now, about the BrazilianAnalyzer being final, it's probably only because
they wanted to increase the runtime performance, as long as final classes
are faster once the JVM does not need to check for subclassing.

Best Regards,
Adriano Crestani Campos