Yes, typo..   long day yesterday

Uwe Schindler wrote:
I've only read through the jdoc of tier so far, but I'm guessing it's
doing a dictionary search and splitting the the index readers position
based on the result being less than or greater than upper / lower values.
Which may be faster than a TermDocs seek, and certainly
worth while investigating.

Do you mean JDOC of "Trie" here?

Uwe