On 4/1/2009 at 8:45 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
> The patch command gets confused because it sees set of diffs against
> what looks to be a pre-existing Collector.java, but of course I have no
> Collector.java locally.  "svn diff" did this because it knows you had
> renamed MRHC --> C.
[...]
> This is yet another example of how "patch" needs to be better
> integrated with svn: there needs to be a mirror "svn patch" to "svn
> diff" that's able to properly carry over all svn changes, perhaps do a
> 3way merge, etc.

The Subversion svnpatch-diff branch (a GSoC2007 project[1]), which adds an "svn
patch" command to Subversion[2], finally got merged to trunk a month ago[3],
but not in time to be included in the branch for the 1.6.X releases.

Steve

[1] "An augmented diff representation":
<http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2007-svn/downloads/list>;
discussion on subversion-dev: <http://markmail.org/message/aqlwiehcwdhcgskq>
[2] "svn patch": <https://svn.collab.net/viewvc/svn/trunk/notes/svnpatch>
[3] Notice of svnpatch-diff branch merge to trunk:
<http://www.nabble.com/-RFC--Merge-svnpatch-diff-branch-to-trunk-td22309583.html>