On 4/4/09 4:42 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
As I recently mentioned on 1231 I'm looking into changing the Document and
Field APIs. I've some rough prototype. I think we should also try to get it
in before 2.9? On the other hand I don't want to block the 2.9 release with
too much stuff.

That'd be great -- I'd say post the rough prototype and let's iterate?

OK. I'll attach it as a new Jira issue. It's not really integrated into anything (like DocumentsWriter), but I wrote some demo classes to show how I intend to use it.

-Michael