Michael McCandless wrote:
> I gave the example to show the init vs inflight distinction, because
> inflight makes me nervous.

I'm thinking of some (bad name follows) PluginBundle, that has
add/remove/inspect methods and constructor/method for filling it with
default Lucene components.
Then instead of component map you pass this bundle to IndexReader ctor.

You gain typesafe method signatures I have a soft spot for, and don't
have to allow inflight reconfiguration for it. The only remaining
problem of 'init' way - static factory explosion, well, the more - the
merrier :)

--
Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко (ear...@gmail.com)
ICQ: 104465785